Information and news in the world of sports.

Boxing: Froch vs Kessler

The Super Six World Boxing Classic will return to SHOWTIME® with the Group Stage 2 matchup between undefeated WBC Super Middleweight Champion Carl "The Cobra" Froch of Nottingham, England and former WBA 168-pound champion Mikkel "Viking Warrior" Kessler of Denmark for Froch’s WBC world title.

Take a look at how the two fighters stack up against one another with this special photo of the Froch vs. Kessler Tale of the Tape.

Froch, who enters this battle with 2 points in the tournament after a unanimous decision win over Andre Dirrell, is convinced he will defend his title in spectacular fashion.

"I will beat the hell out of him on April 24. I’m stronger, quicker, a champion, undefeated, and more elusive. My undefeated record means everything to me. Some people look at knockout ratios but I fight to win. An unblemished record is very important to me."

Kessler believes he will be victorious in front of his home town fans. "With the support of my great Danish fans, I will defeat Carl Froch and become world champion again. I’m like a young warrior again. And I’m super hungry again. I’m very hungry. I’m back and I’m very sharp at this time. I made my mistake and I just want to get back up and show all my boxing fans from around the world that I am the best super middleweight in the world."

Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler (Group Stage 2) will air on SHOWTIME® Saturday, April 24th from MCH Messecenter Herning in Herning, Denmark at 9:00p.m. ET/PT, (delayed on the west coast).

I hope you enjoy your stay in Sports & Television Blog. Please feel free to look around and learn more about other sports events and television series episodes you should watch.